Phlebotomists practice venipuncture in order to collect samples of blood, and they usually work in hospitals and similar medical facilities in Huntingdon Pennsylvania. The purpose of phlebotomy training is not only to teach students the basics of their future occupation, but also to help them get the communication skills, the manual dexterity and the stress management skills they need to operate under pressure in various clinical settings.
If you are passionate about phlebotomy and you want to have a blossoming career in the field, then the first step you need to take is to enroll in a specialized phlebotomy program and get your certification. The average yearly salary of a phlebotomist varies based on several factors, and one of the most important ones is education – a certified phlebotomy technician earns around $30,000 a year.
Phlebotomy Training Programs In Huntingdon PA
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Patient Care Technician
- ECG/Phlebotomy/Lab Assistant
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Health Information Management
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Online programs to fit your schedule.
You’ve expressed interest in Blue Cliff College before, now we have online programs to better fit your busy lifestyle. Enroll now!
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
Phlebotomy training programs will teach students the following:
• The role of phlebotomy in the medical field
• Codes of practice and their importance
• The different methods of collecting blood
• Health and safety aspects associated with phlebotomy
Phlebotomy Training Classes
The purpose of phlebotomy training classes is to teach students everything they need to know in order to practice, from conducting venipuncture to collecting and handling blood samples. Basically, there are two major categories when it comes to phlebotomy classes:
Certificate And Diploma Programs
The certificate and diploma programs are undoubtedly the most common choice, as they usually last between 4 and 12 months and they help students acquire the necessary skills and aptitudes to perform in clinical settings. After the program is complete and the students pass the final exam, they will get a certificate that will allow them to receive a job in most hospitals in Pennsylvania.
Associate’s Degree Programs
The associate’s degree programs are slightly more complex compared to certificate and diploma programs, as they usually require no less than two years of study – moreover, they combine the basics of venipuncture with other medical sciences, and the students will get a wide range of aptitudes that will benefit them in the long run. The main benefits of associate’s degree programs is that they boost the employment opportunities, they increase the earning potential and they offer the Huntingdon Pennsylvania phlebotomy technician the chance to advance to a higher position easy and without the hassles.
Generally speaking, Huntingdon Pennsylvania phlebotomy classes are health in a wide range of institutions, and some of the most common ones include vocational schools, community colleges as well as technical colleges. The most important aspect students must take into account is the accreditation of the institution, as some hospitals and clinics might not recognize your degree if the institution that offered it is not properly accredited. On the other hand, students can opt for online certification programs as well, as these programs offer them the flexibility they need.
Huntingdon PA Map and Information
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to get a grip on all the phlebotomy training in Pennsylvania and found one I really like. I just wish I could find more info on grants and stipends…